Friday, August 10, 2012

The Odd Life of Timothy Green Premiere in Hollywood

The setup for this premiere was different from the others that I have gone to.  Not only did they have props, and used artificial grass as a replacement for the red carpet, but they had a walkway for the "guests" right in front of us.  I overlooked this, and as the premiere was approaching and media arrived, the event coordinators extended the media section.  This resulted in a shift of the arrival spot. 

I knew it wasn't looking good when they did this and therefore, when CJ Adams arrived and signed, the guards opened up the barricade to my left and started to sign and take pictures.  He did not make it down to me, as he went back to the "red carpet"  As he was approaching towards our section, we called him to come over and sign for us but he said something like "I can't get through.."  As a result, I did not get an autograph from him.

The next person to sign was Joel Edgerton. Once again, he started far to my left and was working his way down but stopped as he was getting closer to my section.  He went back to the "carpet" and started to pose for pictures.  Then he went to sign at the beginning section of the barricade (to my right) and signed away.  I  He was making his way over to my section from my right and decided to stop and went back to the carpet.  I had four photos and I couldn't get a thing signed.  I did, however, get some proof pictures of him signing for others.

With Jennifer Garner, I was more successful with.  She started to my far left and worked her way down to my section.  I was able to get her on an 11x14 (which I am keeping for myself), and four 8x10 photos.  Because I am a fan of hers, I decided to get an autograph on my "Daredevil" DVD cover.  She signed that on herself and maybe someday, I could get Ben Affleck to sign the cover as well. She stopped signing after she signed for my friends, who was to my right of me.  She went to the carpet and posed for some pictures and the section to my right was chanting "Jennifer! Jennifer! Jennifer!.....!!" She then turned around and said to them that she'll be back.  True to words, within minutes she came over and signed again.  Only this time, it was for the section to my right.  As I saw her approaching my section again, I had her sign another photo for me.  She was nice during this event.  She signed more than I ever imagined she would!



 I saw Rosemarie DeWitt sign a few things to my right but I didn't have anything for her as I met her last week at Kimmel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment