Wednesday, July 11, 2012

2012 ESPYs in Los Angeles, CA - July 11, 2012

I arrived to the ESPYs expecting to meet and obtain autographs from somebody, but the question was: "who?"  The first person that I saw was Coach Michael Cooper.  He signed a photo for me and I was able to get a picture with him.

The next person I noticed was NBA player, J.R. Smith. He signed a photo for me and I was able to get a baseball signed. Because he was in a rush, the signature on the baseball was sloppy. I told him that he looked sharp, but he was busy signing away.


Joel McHale then signed and took pictures with fans. He signed a photo for me and said to me, "imagine what it'll be like when a 'REAL' star comes out and signs.." He's so funny!

I recognized Maria Sharapova a little too late, because when I called out to her to sign, she was already gone.


Celtics player, Rajon Rondo, didn't seem like he wanted to sign, but because I had a Celtics logo 8x10 out, he came right to it and signed for me. I handed him my blue sharpie and when asked to switch markers, he said "I'm only use this one." I'm surprised he even signed. He was in a hurry but spent some quality time with his fans!

I met Drew Brees again (this is my 3rd time!) and he was nice as usual! He was with his expecting wife, and made sure she was safe before he signed a few memorabilia. I was able to get an NFL mini helmet signed and a official baseball. Thanks, Drew!

I noticed Chord Overstreet and he signed a photo for me but I couldn't get a picture of him as he was walking very quickly.

I ran into Landry Fields and got a picture with him and a signed photo. He was nice!

Jockey, Mario Gutierrez, was walking by and I was able to get a picture with him. I didn't know who he was at the time so I didn't ask for his autograph (what a loss!)


The 2012 ESPYs host, Rob Riggle, signed two baseballs for me. He was actually very nice! He didn't hesitate when I asked for his autograph but wanted to do only one baseball at first, then I asked for "just one more, please?" Another fan was able to get a picture with him.

To end the night, I approached Nascar driver, Danica Patrick for an autograph. She didn't seemed too thrill to do it, but she signed my baseball! I heard that she didn't sign once during today's event. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment